Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Week 14: Reading Diary, Something Something Fiery

For the Tuesday Reading of Week 14, I read part A of Legendsof India by Washburn Hopkins. This book is written in verse focusing on Arjuna in the Mahabharata. I chose anther version of the Mahabharata again to get the full story. For me it is a little hard to grasp the whole story in the first sitting, even in TV shows and movies. One of my favorite things about this reading would have to be the rhyming of the verse. It was actually fun to read out loud. Some of the words are different, like it calls the Pandavas the Pandus. Also the character list was a little funny. I really enjoyed this read. I did like the way it talked about Draupadi’s swaraymara and Arjuna having a thing for her in the beginning. Honestly that would really suck, sharing a wife with your brother. I mean think about it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment