Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 10 Reading Diary: Part C of the Brook




This week I am continuing part C of the Brook by Peter Brook. A video version of the Mahabharata. In this section Bhima killed the king to protect the honor or Draupadi. Which I thought was hilarious. The King of beauty is one ugly guy. Bhima killing him with his hands was super awkward and the scene was very cheesy. It also really bugs me that yes the character are dresses like the people of India but they don’t physically look Indian. I also really like how the story is being told as a poem.  



Bhishma's dying was more ceremonious than I had originally imagined it, laying on a bed with arrows all around it. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!
    I didn't even know there was a video version of the Mahabharata! I think I just figured out my next weeks reading... Your picture is fantastic, and your comment on the things happening when Bhishma died that you didn't expect make me want to watch it all that more. I hope it sheds new light on some things I filled in on my own. Until next time!

    ReplyDelete