Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 7 Reading Diary: Mahabharata Part B

This week I am making up the read ing from week 6 and reading part B the Indian Epic, Narayan's Mahabharata, It had been over a week since I read part A but started to catch up. This reading is a little tough, one big reason is the names seem so familiar, sometimes just one letter is different and it confuses me. I also find it super confusing when it switches to poetry and it doesn't flow to make since. It was interesting to me that Yudhishthira seem to start gambling even though he knew the other guy was going to cheat. Yudhishthira might not have, but the text made it seem like it. He was VERY stupid to bid everything when he kept loosing. Also why is being exiled such a big thing in these epics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment