Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week 7 Reading Diary: Mahabharata Part C



This week I am making up the reading from week 6 and reading part C the Indian Epic, Narayan's Mahabharata. A few things I tend to notice about these epics is that exile is a huge thing. It kind of funny because doesn't these people live thousands of years? So in the long run, 12 years is a drop. Another thing I notice is that death seems to be nothing in these epics. It feels like Game of Thrones without the sex. A couple points makes the think of this. The first, pretty much all of the brothers aside from just randomly die by drinking water! I know that they get revived by the god in the water, but still!! The other is when when Draupadi is slapped by the annoying king and so Bhima just goes and kills him. I guess they are very certain about their afterlife. 






No comments:

Post a Comment