Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Week 4 Reading Diary: Modern and Old

For this weeks assignment I watched the, Sita Sings the Blues. It was...interesting. I did like some of the characteristics. I thought it was hilarious when the three black figures would talk and kind of narrate the story and how they would mess up on the names.



I have to admit, the version of Sita where she was just made of circles and singing, was really annoying. I honestly turned it down a lot during those parts so I wouldn't get a headache. The modern story was interesting, it added to the variety in the movie, however I am not sure it was really needed. I can see the relationship very clearly but to me it just seems like another character to dislike. 

The first part of this story seemed to have a lot of unneeded and long scenes just of the gods. For about 5 minutes I was worried that I would have to interpret how the story just through the gods dancing. Thankfully not. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not big on musicals so I got a bit annoyed by the singing at the end of the movie, too. I did love the bickering between the narrators throughout the film though. I really loved that there was a parallel between Sita and Rama's relationship and Nina and Dave's. It was a new way to look at the Ramayana. Nice reading your thoughts about the film!

    ReplyDelete