Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary: Sita is found

                                                      Ravana 
Statue of Ravana from 18th century CE
Created by: Valmiki

I can definitely see the story characteristics in the modern world. It is very interesting and kind of funny that everything we "think of" has already existed. I really liked how they were able to find Sita. I must have missed why Ravana kidnapped Sita. But he got what he deserved! So Emily Canady went to India for an internship and she said she encountered a family that told her this was all a true story. This may be the ignorance in me but is this the foundation from Hinduism? Or is it just an Epic. I know the Odyssey has a lot of elements of Greek Mythology, is the same thing? (This Engineer lives under a book)

i included the Picture above because it was really odd how they depicted all the characters, while I was listening to the story I would click and look at the pictures of the different characters and some are so strange!  

No comments:

Post a Comment