Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Week 4 Reading Diary: Sita Sings the Blues

For the originally story, I read for the first week and listened to the audio book the next. I definitely missed a few things while reading on my own, but not so much listening to it. Watching the movie for the Ramayana helped clear up some fuzzy area's that I had had for the text. For example How did I miss Ravana having like ten heads...I also missed the part about Ravana personally capturing Sita. Not sure how.

Image result for Sita sings the blues

Screenshot from Youtube

The modern story could have been left out. I see the ties but it was kind of random. I mean the guy just telling the girl to not come back? At least in the Ramayana, Rama had a little bit of a reason (even though a stupid one) to not want Sita. The man in the movie had no reason to act like a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment