Sunday, January 31, 2016

Storybook Topic Options

One topic I would be interested in would be the Love Stories. It is very interesting the in the extended version of the Ramayana, Rama drives Sita into exile. Not to be cynical but I like unconventional love stories, or should I say love stories that seem like they could actually happen. Though I do like the Hallmark Christmas channel during the holidays, there is only so many cheesy love movies one can take. I am in a committed relationship and though sometimes it does seem like a fairy tales, other times it doesn’t. Fighting over little things, being so angry that you aren’t sure you want to forgive them but love them enough too. It’s strange and I’d like to have a story that conveys more like reality.

I would also really enjoy doing a storybook over heroes and heroines. I myself am a huge fan of all of the marvel movies and love a good hero, and villain to love. I am a fan of the type of hero to come out of the small places and do it for the good of the people, like daredevil and superman. I also enjoy the cocky and arrogance of some heroes, like Ironman. Besides, stories about heroes tend to be action packed and lovable villains.
Ironman
From Comic Vine

Creating a hero story to most probable story I would do. I looked at some ways to make your own Hero story. http://angelashelton.com/how-to-write-your-own-hero-story/


Going right along with the heroes and heroines stories, a storybook about warriors, battles, and weapons also sounds very interesting. I remember the Sword of Truth series where one “The chosen one” (or something like that, I know that’s also from Harry Potter) was the only one that was able to wield the sword of truth and it was a battle in in of itself to even hold the blade. I love those types of stories with magical weapons, magic wielding warriors, and epic battle scenes.



The last topic would be Laura’s suggestion about using the imagery in the Ramayana to create a story. That would be a direction of writing I have never done before. This past week was pretty easy to pick part of the Ramayana but to pick an image seems a little harder. I will try to do that this next week if we have a story telling assignment and see how it goes. It would be difficult to do a whole story over it but I can try it out. However, thanks for the unique thought Laura! I will try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment